Over the past years, the UAE has issued numerous visas to foreign nationals that wish to study, work, or live here. But of all the visas offered by the government, the one generating the most buzz is the Dubai Golden Visa. This visa allows wealthy foreign nationals, exceptionally talented individuals, and other individuals who fall into specific categories to live in Dubai for up to 10 years. It can be renewed if all the set criteria are met.
If you always wanted to set base in Dubai as your second home, now is the time to take things forward. This guide covers every essential detail you must know before applying for this visa, so make sure to read until the end.
What is a Dubai Golden Visa?
A Dubai Golden Visa is a long-term residency visa granted to attract highly-skilled professionals, talented individuals, property owners, investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, humanitarian pioneers, and exceptional students to boost the investment and business environment. The latest addition to this list is the frontline heroes of Covid-19.
This visa offers the most prolonged residency duration paired with numerous benefits. People with an approved Dubai Golden Visa can enjoy the following benefits:
- Ten years of renewable residence for themselves and for their immediate family without age restrictions. Also, the number of years they and their families can stay outside the UAE to keep the validity of the visa has been removed.
- No requirements for a national sponsor
- No limit on the number of domestic workers
- Family members of the visa holder get to stay in Dubai for the specified duration even if the original visa holder dies
Latest Eligibility Criteria for Dubai Golden Visa
Let’s understand who is eligible for the Dubai Golden Visa and under what conditions.
Dubai Golden Visa for Investors
To obtain the Golden Visa via the investment route, you have to fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Invest in any property worth at least AED 2 million. This limit was AED 5 million before the amendment. This investment can be made via own funds, or a loan taken from specified local banks.
- Purchase one or more off-plan properties from approved local real estate companies worth a minimum of AED 2 million.
Dubai Golden Visa for Entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs can obtain a Golden Visa if they fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Partner or own a start-up generating a minimum of AED 1 million annually. This start-up must be registered as SME in UAE.
- Obtain approval for a start-up idea from competent local authorities, like the official business incubator. One can also obtain approval from the Ministry of Economy.
- You must have been a founder of a high-value entrepreneurial project that was sold for a minimum of AED 7 million.
Dubai Golden Visa for Exceptional Talent
You can apply for Dubai’s Golden Visa if you’re a well-known innovator and name in the arts, culture, digital technology, and sports field. Individuals who have earned a notable title in these fields can get the Dubai Golden Visa, irrespective of their employment status, salary, and educational qualification. But a recommendation from a local or federal government entity is a must.
Dubai Golden Visa for Scientists
Scientists with recommendations from the Emirates Scientists Council can obtain a Dubai Golden Visa. Scientists with a Ph.D. or Master’s degree in life science, technology, engineering, etc., from esteemed global universities, have a high chance of obtaining the visa.
Dubai Golden Visa for Highly-Skilled Professional
People with exceptional professional experience and qualifications in law, culture, medicine, science, IT, education, social science, business, and administration can apply for the Golden Visa. Before applying, make sure you have:
- A valid employment contract
- Been classified as first or second occupational level in the eyes of the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- A monthly salary of at least AED 30,000, and hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Dubai Golden Visa for Outstanding Students & College Graduates
High-performing students and graduates can apply for a golden visa in Dubai. But the students or graduates must be from UAE universities or any top 100 universities worldwide. Academic performance, graduation year, and university classification are notable aspects.
Dubai Golden Visa for Humanitarian Pioneers
- An individual falling in any one of the following categories is eligible for a golden visa:
- Distinguished and well-known sponsors or volunteers of humanitarian efforts
- Respected members of regional and international organizations
- Recipients of prestigious awards in the humanitarian field
- Respectable members of associations of public interest
Dubai Golden Visa for Frontline Heroes
The UAE government recently made provisions to give Golden Visas to frontline heroes who gave extraordinary efforts during crises like COVID-19.
Ready to Get Your Dubai Golden Visa Approved?
Knowing who can apply for the Dubai Golden Visa is just half the work done. Even the slightest mistake in paperwork can result in visa rejection. If you want to increase your visa approval chances, get the formalities done by experts. At Zenesis, we have been helping foreign nationals obtain the Dubai Golden Visa since it was introduced. Contact our team at email@example.com or give us a call at +971 4 4474997 to learn more.